Monday, March 26, 2012

Inspired for spring

The weather felt like some angel had captured a little piece of heaven and put it in a jar (most likely an ever-useful mason jar, I'm thinking), and let it all out down here. If it's true that perfection didn't exist, the outdoors were within several point-0's of it. If being pessimistic made on happy, you'd be having a most horrid day. But the relations between my head and my closet were not on the best of terms. Although I'd probably gag the weather and a tie it up if it tried to get away, I was still loving all of my winter layers and combos. Crops and tanks just don't seem all that exciting. But I dutifully packed away my colored cords, pencil skirts, wrappy sweaters and cardigans, and everything else that goes with winter. And I (with some curiosity, I do admit) got down all thing springtime. Once I began thinking about floral skirts, breezy tops, shorts, sandals, little dresses and odd combos, my thoughts were riding in a shopping cart on a downhill catastrophe towards the springtime wardrobe. Here are some things that helped to inspire me so successfully:

Miss-matching and color-clashing are most likely one of my favorite bad habits. Crazy can also be done, if thought is put into it. If I miss-match colors, I like to think of the color wheel and use the complimentary colors. If I'm mismatching patterns, I usually keep the colors on the down-low, and play with contrasting prints. Then, there are those times when I do something with absolutely no rhyme or reason, but simply because it feels right. The easy rule is - go with your gut!


When I switch over my clothes I usually re-organize my closet arranging method. Last winter I put things in progressing warmth - layering pieces, like tanks, to heavy sweaters and coats. This summer I put everything in color order. My closet looks like a pre-schooler rainbow!



My most inspiring look the season is the feel of route 66 in it's boomday. The desert. The 1960's. Everyone is excited, minds are spinning fast. Everything is lighted up in it's glamorous best. I love New Mexico and it's Indian trappings. Turquoise jewelry, woven geometric blankets, and leather. I love the hot breeze and the red plataus. I love when this feel is echoed in clothing!

Palm Springs.




 Ruche



I am also crushing over happy shades of peach and bold red-oranges. I'm so fond of it that I shall probably have to restrain myself from overwhelming myself with too much of it.

Revlon Nail Polish.



Most of all, the trick for fashion happiness is contentment. This is the most trying trick to conquer, but it accomplishes the most. I'm still working on this one, but I couldn't be happier!


Juliet Marie





No comments:

Post a Comment